Chaotic Duel Academy
Make sure you read the rules and make a good use of the forum!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Chaotic Duel Academy
Make sure you read the rules and make a good use of the forum!
Chaotic Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» idk why i keep coming back to this
A new, better way of testing duelist. EmptyWed Jun 12, 2019 11:47 am by juniorc0105

» pls come back..
A new, better way of testing duelist. EmptyThu Nov 26, 2015 5:58 am by juniorc0105

» LET'S BRING CDA BACK TO LIFE
A new, better way of testing duelist. EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 7:15 am by juniorc0105

» So, What's everyone up to?
A new, better way of testing duelist. EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 7:15 am by juniorc0105

» greetings to every one
A new, better way of testing duelist. EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 7:11 am by juniorc0105

» Insane Clown Posse-Take Me Home Mp3
A new, better way of testing duelist. EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 6:35 pm by wyleamac

» I am so sad
A new, better way of testing duelist. EmptyTue Feb 04, 2014 6:44 am by juniorc0105

» Test Request
A new, better way of testing duelist. EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 7:11 am by juniorc0105

» Test Request of Lever10
A new, better way of testing duelist. EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 6:57 am by Lever10

Duelist of the week.
SailorAthena
Card of the week.

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Hi Everyone!
CDA Affiliates

A new, better way of testing duelist.

3 posters

Go down

A new, better way of testing duelist. Empty A new, better way of testing duelist.

Post by Xertiv Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:47 am

Gentlemen and misses, I here by suggest a new way of testing duelist to decide their fate upon the classes of the academy.

This test how ever is longer then the usual but far more effective and isn't based upon the luck of the game. This idea will construct the basic categories: Skill, deck design, usage of cards, concentration, errors, and finally win capability.

The win capability is the most trickiest and thus it should not be apart of the test: It should be more so based as bonus points. I will how ever break down how this test works and what it does before making any more statements so it's not so much confused....

There are 2 separate tests.

First test: Chess
The first test is just like chess, where two decks are created with equal; The tester will design a deck and then give the testee (or who is being tested) The card list so they can make the exact deck.
This will show their ability of deck design and card name usage. If they are able to make a deck with ease or have problems creating one even if given a card list.

Deck reading: 0/10 <=== This is the first test. The tester shall view the opponent deck before the start of a duel by having both the tester and testee place their 5 cards on the top of their decks. The tester upon viewing the deck will see if there is any mistakes or errors to the card list they gave them. If not, perfect 10. If there is an error, they will lose 2 points for every mistake. After that, the testee can view the tester's deck to understand how the deck should be made as well for fairness.

Now the two shall draw the 5 cards and the person going first draws their first card it begins...

Concentration: 0/10 <=== The concentration will show the ability of the testee to focus. If they can understand how the card works and how they are playing and setting out their field correctly. The tester must remember the importance: It isn't about what they play or use. Concentration is about seeing when they go to use a card effect or how they react to other things. If an testee rushes their effects, doesn't click the stand by phase button then the mainphase or even quickly attacks with all their monster with out allowing the tester time to do much of anything. This could be looked at as error. 2 points lost for every error created. It is important that duelist understand that timing and patience helps make a clean and non-confusing duel.

reading: 0/20 <=== This is a big one, for we all know about testers seeing how a card works and the rulings of a card but even times confusion can be given away about certain things. The most advance duelist can even be given a mistake. I for one had this experience with my test> By playing Machina gearframe his ability lets me to add one Machina monster from my deck to my hand when he is normal summon. My tester used a trap card that would destroy him and thus he stated that I would lose priority. After 20 minutes of research, we found out that it wouldn't actually let me lose priority but I might of lost points because of that. Though should I? I played him correctly and it was the tester who declared originally I would lose priority. It is important to know when a reading is incorrect that should be marked off as an error or when it is simply the misunderstanding of any duel. A perfect example of an error to deduct life points would be one solemnly forgetting about Honest's ability. Honest effect last intill the endphase, when the testee attacks your light monster again. That is in their error and thus points will be taken off. 5 points for every error.

IMPORTANT
A tester must always have an understanding as to what is an error and what isn't. We can not actually assume that our teacher or whom is testing us has clear understanding and thus small errors can be made. The impact of these test must be accurate and clear with all understanding. Instead of placing scores, we must also explain why for each reason of lost of points. Keep track testers, you must explain your reasons of score for the testee to learn and understand for the future of their dueling.

Explanation: 0/60 <=== When in performing effects or using of anything that would require to get the attention of said opponent for effects. It is important to understand that we must at least give some kind of indication as to what is going on to avoid confusion. This could mean from activating a trap card to using a quick effect from our hand. This is pretty self explanatory. 10 points lost per error.

The total of points would be 100, thus the percentage is based off of a 0/100.

2nd test, legit

The legit test is the tester using their deck of what ever choosing against the testee's own deck of choosing. In this one, the analyzing tester will view upon how they will handle against an actual duel, using a few scores from the first test, how ever new ones as well. Yes, I will repost and have their explanation so it is understood for better means. This duel will be a 2/3 match for the best result of scores.

Concentration: 0/10 <=== The concentration will show the ability of the testee to focus. If they can understand how the card works and how they are playing and setting out their field correctly. The tester must remember the importance: It isn't about what they play or use. Concentration is about seeing when they go to use a card effect or how they react to other things. If an testee rushes their effects, doesn't click the stand by phase button then the mainphase or even quickly attacks with all their monster with out allowing the tester time to do much of anything. This could be looked at as error. 2 points lost for every error created. It is important that duelist understand that timing and patience helps make a clean and non-confusing duel.

Explanation: 0/20 <=== When in performing effects or using of anything that would require to get the attention of said opponent for effects. It is important to understand that we must at least give some kind of indication as to what is going on to avoid confusion. This could mean from activating a trap card to using a quick effect from our hand. This is pretty self explanatory. 5 points lost per error.

Competitive: 0/40 <===In this case, a deck design is important to with hold against an extreme duel. This test isn't design for the fair quality of dueling but more so one's own ability to create a deck that can lash out against another. A deck that is completely stamped out and throw out with out any ability to fight back could be viewed as a non-competitive standers. A tester must be careful as to judge these points. For even a powerful tester could use a deck that can stamp out anything of existence. The idea is NOT to obliterate your testee, but it's design to see how they are able to duel. I will how ever...hahaha... request this testers.

Toy with your opponent!

By giving your opponent some chances you can view and see how they are able to with stand and control the situation by the usage of their cards. By completely killing off your testee, you are not allowing an accurate measure of points. This test is not and I repeat> NOT to obliterate your testee but literally totoy with your opponent. You may finish them off when you see fit that they have done what they could. The point system is 0/40 how ever it is up to the tester to decide how many points you get out of this result with in reason.

Deck design:0/20 <=== The tester after the 2/3 match shall view the testee's deck and analyze the set up of their design. Though this could be judged as personal taste but the tester must relinquished as to what they view is a good deck to what should be a understandably decent design. A deck design isn't about the best cards but more so the simple factors of points.

Is it playable?
A deck that is built with no actual structured quality and thus seems to be useless against any competitive match could be viewed as non-playable. Such as a deck that has nothing but weak monsters and no actual cards that would allow a duelist to use these weak monsters. For example a deck with nothing but normal monsters and no spell or trap cards that would help it. Don't get a deck confused though as playable to non-playable. Even the most strangest of decks could be usable and playable. That is why you should toy with your opponent. To get a feel as to how they use it. You may learn a few things.

Whats the catch?
Every deck has a catch just like chaos decks. We understand... light/dark monster in the grave equals black luster soldier enoy the end or chaos sorcerer. Such and such, what does the deck actual do and what is its capability. A deck with no actual design for any used could be viewed as sloppy and poorly created.

Bad ass or not?
Decks of all quality have unique taste and touch, though the title Bad ass or not? is not looked at as personal taste or the actual definition. It should be more so viewed as the quality. Quality of decks, what is quality of decks? Definition: The cards in a deck that are chosen by the user for certain specific reasons.

Why did they choose this card? Why did they pick that card? Do not view the entire deck but just each individual card. Every card might have a draw back and deciding if they have their deck design to work it as a strength or weakness is a factor. Did they just throw it in because they like it and it has no actual usage? Depending on the perspective but do so ask the testee and figure out.

The points as to deck design shall be given upon the tester's opinion.

Force: 0/10<=== force is the final understanding of this test and sadly this will be based on the ability of their success. If you win once> 5 points, if you lose, no points. That is as simple as that. Competitive means is competition and the capability of winning is understood. The points though are small since the test should not be completely based on your ability to win. So even if you lose, it isn't an extremely pain shot against you.

Over all both test are 100 points exact and thus you could score a total of 200 points.

Over all conclusion and summary
First test
Deck reading: 0/10
Concentration: 0/10
reading: 0/20
Explanation: 0/60
0/100 points total.

Second test
Concentration: 0/10
Explanation: 0/20
Competitive: 0/40
Deck design:0/20
Force: 0/10
0/100 points total.

0/200 points total

195 point or higher> Utopia Gold
170 points or higher> Obelisk's Dorm
150 points or higher> Ra's Dorm

Which you get the idea from there. How ever you wish to set it up.

This is my suggestion. I do hope to get opinions and thoughts personally of this suggestion.

Thank you.

Last edited by Xertiv on Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)
Xertiv
Xertiv
Realm Of Light
Realm Of Light

Back to top Go down

A new, better way of testing duelist. Empty Re: A new, better way of testing duelist.

Post by NerverMind Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:56 pm

hmm my testing system is way better Razz
NerverMind
NerverMind
Tester
Tester

Back to top Go down

A new, better way of testing duelist. Empty Re: A new, better way of testing duelist.

Post by !Bakura! Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:11 pm

Nice ideas , I'll put them into consideration. :)
!Bakura!
!Bakura!
Chancellor
Chancellor

https://chaotic-duel-academy.hooxs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NerverMind Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:25 pm

lol I'll post some samples of testing system i made Razz
NerverMind
NerverMind
Tester
Tester

Back to top Go down

Post by Xertiv Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:23 pm

The idea of what a test should be solemnly based upon their ability as a duelist. Not if you can actually win a duel. Testers can go full force on an opponent, not allowing any chance to figure out their capability and thus dramatically hurts their score. This is not at all a wise idea of test results.
Xertiv
Xertiv
Realm Of Light
Realm Of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by NerverMind Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:37 pm

also your test result is wierd also you could have made reading into ruling lol Razz
anyways i'll post the new testing system of this academy tomorrow
but it might be harder than the other testing system

also i have been into a lot of academies and saw a lot of different test system and most of them are super hard anyways i will post the testing system tomorrow i hope they approves.

NerverMind
NerverMind
Tester
Tester

Back to top Go down

Post by Xertiv Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:42 pm

Tests shouldn't be made easy to be sure effectiveness.

Plus it is reading not ruling because stating it to be ruling would strictly mean anything of the condition of cards as well things that would effect towards them to begin a form of chain or such and such... Reading is meant more if a person can understand their own combos or as such the conditions that could happen and do they know how to follow through.

It takes reading to understand, yes yes. Not just assumptions: :D
Xertiv
Xertiv
Realm Of Light
Realm Of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by NerverMind Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:48 pm

reading is mostly meaning in ygo is on how good or focus in you reading your card well also it really need to be ruling then put combos on testing system anyways you would see my testing system tomorrow plus if you apparently know no one put the statement or word reading in testing system lol kinda sound lame Razz

also reading should be also be knowledge lol Razz
its not reading in ygo its knowledge or rather say in complete word duel knowledge lol Razz

knowledge is the one who let you make how you do your combo well how you think well how you pick your choice well

like when a opponent have a laggia on the field use a card eff or activation of a card of yours so it would be a decoy when laggia negates it then you come up with another move something like that

so reading should be knowledge
also the ruling also be putted
actually planning to put ruling question to make it harder
NerverMind
NerverMind
Tester
Tester

Back to top Go down

Post by Xertiv Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:17 pm

Not quite, knowledge is a much too vast form to deal with in a testing of score board since it focus everything in the key terms of what knowledge could mean and could cause the tester too have a much easier point of opinion thus causing inaccurate points. Reading covers a lot of areas but it's not as vast as what Knowledge would be.

It's a simple wording with explanation to keep it simple yet the perspective has maximum results.
Xertiv
Xertiv
Realm Of Light
Realm Of Light

Back to top Go down

Post by NerverMind Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:28 pm

For more information
NerverMind knows that he just met a guy that is completely a nerd in this academy and mostly this would be the nerdiest person he met in his whole academies experiences or rather say duel academy life Razz

and also peace bro Razz
also if you apparently what to know that we just talked in the chatbox.
The only thing that I would say is, you really don't wanna know what he just quite said because it sounds nerdy lol Razz

But anyways your a smartass and I'm a badass but not really because I am also a goody two shoes sometimes Razz
NerverMind
NerverMind
Tester
Tester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down